Discord is where most of the 1Hive DAO activity gets buzzing.
Discord is one of the main tools we use to communicate. On this platform we catch up with the different projects our community members are working on, discuss and pitch new ideas, arrange meetings, support users experiencing technical issues, reward users who are contributing, and also engage in casual discussions.
Join and say hi:
Most channels are focused on discussion around a particular topic, which can be seen in the channel description at the top of the Discord screen. However, some channels are used for purposes other than discussion:
- 🤖bot-commands is for summoning Discord bots to give information, register your account with BrightID or setup a tipping account. See details below for commands that can be used in the bot commands channel.
- 🍄nominations is where you can recognize the work of others, particularly those that you feel are not being properly recognized elsewhere. Pollen is weighted differently in this channel, see the end of the Discord Pollen Weights section for details.
- 🐝social-curation is for curating content that is posted to the 1Hive social media channels, details can be seen in the social curation section.
- 🍯keepers is for those with the 🍯Honey role which can only be assigned if you own 1 Honey. Ask a Fauna (mod) to grant you the role.
Roles are self-assigned using the 🧚roles channel. Assigning yourself a role gives you access to the swarm working group channel. These are under the SWARMS heading on 1Hive's Discord.
Commands can be executed in the 🤖bot-commands channel which provide useful information or register your account with various services.
!hny help- Displays the list of commands used for displaying info about 1Hive.
!pollen help- Displays the list of commands used to onboard, update, or review your information in Pollen.
$help- Enables you to connect with your tip bot account. It will show info about depositing/withdrawing to/from your tip bot account, allowing you tip HNY to other members of the community through Discord. You can react with emojis under the help message for more details.
!verify- Opens a chat which helps you register your Discord account with your verified BrightID account. It's currently used for Celeste as a tool for sybil resistance.
- Check each channels Pinned Messages for useful information about that topic by clicking on the pin icon in the top right of each channel.